Teacher Training Specials
Early Bird Special: $
Teacher Training Prices
- Prana Flow®
$2975 or four installments of $780
- Prana Flow®
$1975 or four installments of $530
- Required Manual Fee: $70
Begin a new adventure. Whether you want to share your knowledge or deepen your study, we are happy to support you in your own personal process of learning. Ananda Shala’s Prana Flow® 200 hour certification program allows yoga students to not only delve deeper into the spirit of living and experiencing the many layers of yoga, but also understand the foundational teachings of Prana Flow® Yoga.
Prana Flow®, an energetic vinyasa, is a full-spectrum approach to embodying the flow of yoga created by Shiva Rea. Students of all levels are empowered to experience prana - the universal source of breath, life-energy and conscious intelligence - as the navigating source of yoga practice and vital living. Experience innovative approaches to vinyasa yoga and the state of flow within the rhythm of class.
We offer two styles of achieving this training
10-day Intensive summer immersion and 6 to 9-month weekend study.
Please check our teacher training schedule dates and times.
This is an affiliate program of Shiva Rea’s Samudra School of Living Yoga. Our RYT-200 is an accredited 200-hour certification program through Yoga Alliance.
500-hour teacher training program.
Which gives you an opportunity to continue and combine your training into a 500-hour teacher training program.
Areas of Study Include:
Introduction to Ayurveda + Ayurvedic Lifestyles
- Integrate and apply the pactical tools from Ayurveda that support holistic living of Yoga in a way that is accessible and applicable to your individual life rhythm
- Bhutas (elements), doshas, gunas, and agni
- Ayurvedic lifestyle: dinacharya, the art of daily routine
Embodying the Flow
- Cultivating the flow of prana through asana, pranayama, drishti, and bandhas
- Principles and practice of creative and effective sequencing (beginning and intermediate flows)
- Ritual arc of class and structure: opening, namaskar, waves, peak poses, counter-posing and closing.
- Navigating flow-movement meditations, observation skills, hands-on adjustments, props, verbal cues, music, and other tools.
- Mandala of Asanas, Family of Asanas, and Key Actions of Asanas
- Understand how self-practice and teaching can serve the flow of daily life – living sadhana.
- Apply Shiva’s 3-part vinyasa methodology to standing poses, backbends, arm balances, core abdominals, forward bends, and hip openers, twists and inversions.
- Alignment through understanding the movements of prana, lines of energy, relationship of opposites in the body and how to open and strengthen core structures from head to toe
- Understand the alignment, actions, functions, and somatic qualities of asanas
- Overview of body vinyasas, arm variations, and shoulder opening
- Hands on enhancements and injury prevention
Pathways of Flow
- Identify anatomical landmarks, muscle groups, holding patters, blockages, internal holding of body relevant to yoga asanas.
- Learn and experience body structure/energetics, alignment/action, intelligence/intuition of asanas.
- Discussion of physical and subtle layers of body: koshas, chakras, nadis.
Yoga Philosophy and Theory
- Philosophical and historical roots of vinyasa yoga
- Discussion, application, and response to classical yogic texts: Baghavad-Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Learn 108 basic Sanskrit asanas and basic Sanskrit terminology
- Chanting and understanding of basic universal and bija (seed) mantras
All full payments, first installments and manual fees must be paid by the first weekend of training. The manual is a separate fee and required for the training.
If pursuing the In-Depth Studies, please note no CEU credit hours will be awarded and a discounted rate is given.
First installment or full payment includes a $500 non-refundable deposit. No refunds after the start of the program.