1 month unlimited for $40 for yoga and Pilates mat classes (new students only)
Sign up for one month unlimited and receive the Absolute Beginners Workshop for $10.
Automatic Payment Plans
3 month commitment: $99 per month
6 month commitment: $89 per month
1 year commitment: $69 per month
limit of 1 class per day
Pilates Equipment Class Intro Rate: 5 sessions = $99
Pilates Equipment 5 Class Package = $125
Pilates Equipment Class / Mat Class Package – 5 Pilates Mat Classes & 5
Pilates Equipment Classes = $150
Beginner Workshops / Events
Absolute Beginner Workshop: $20
Confused about how to get started? Think you are inflexible and can't twist into a pretzel? Have you never heard of Pilates & feel like you couldn't find your core if you tried?
All of our teachers at Ananda Shala are fully certified teachers recognized by Yoga Alliance and/or Power Pilates. Our teachers are not only well trained and professionals in their field, but they are also compassionate and understanding. You will be surprised at what your body can do with the right teacher and support of the group class environment.
All of our classes have Levels from 1-3 (easiest to most difficult)
If you are new to yoga – begin with a Level 1 class. Level 1 yoga is our standard beginner yoga class that focuses on the fundamentals of postures and breathing with more instruction and rest time. Please note that an All-Levels yoga class is more of an intermediate class with beginner and/or advanced options offered to suit the needs of those in the class. We recommend starting with a Level 1 prior to moving into an All-Levels class.
Gentle Yoga is even less challenging than the Level 1 Yoga class with more seated postures and time for explanation. Our Absolute Beginner Yoga Workshop is another great option that we offer often to spark your new yoga practice. This is a wonderful course for those who are brand new to yoga or returning after a time away and aren’t quite ready to step into the gentle or level 1 class.
Beginner Pilates Mat Classes and Intro to Pilates Equipment Classes are the best place to start if you’ve never tried Pilates before. A wonderful option if you have never tried Pilates and Pilates Equipment before, ask for a private session with one-on-one attention from the teacher. We also recommend our New to Pilates Mat Workshop if you want additional focus and support in a group setting.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- Enter our studio from Market Street and walk to the front desk located in the boutique
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your first class to sign our Ananda Shala waiver and class attendance sheet
- Familiarize yourself with the studio by walking around and asking questions
- We accept cash, check and most major credit cards
- Some classes are more popular than others. It is best to pre-register online to guarantee your spot or arrive early to class
- You can register online up to one hour before class starts.
- You can bring your own mat or borrow one at no cost from Ananda Shala
- You may also want to bring a towel and a water bottle. We offer complimentary hand towels and bottled water for $1.
- We have a shower in our upstairs changing room should you need to use.
- It is best to practice yoga /Pilates on an empty or semi-empty stomach. If you need a snack prior to class, we recommend eating light an hour before class begins. (suggestions include nuts, fruit, yogurt)
- If possible, shower before your practice and avoid wearing heavy perfumes. Other yogis may be allergic to such scents.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
Prior to entering classroom
- Take your shoes off before you enter the classroom. We have storage shelves located on the first floor to accommodate your shoes and belongings.
- Keep valuables with you. We have not had any theft issues, but want you to feel comfortable and secure during class.
- We are a cell phone free zone - please turn off your cell phone when you are in class.
- If you are late, wait until the initial movement meditation is complete. This usually lasts 5 minutes. You will likely hear the teacher begin instructing movement, which is your indication to enter the room. Check with the front desk if you are unsure.
- When entering the studio: breathe. Let go. You've arrived!
- Please let your teacher know upon entering you are a new student.
- Let your teacher know about any health concerns you have.
- Grab a mat and find a space in the room.
- Practice self-compassion, find your edge and take a breather if needed. Let your practice be a place of growth, challenge, and tranquility.
- We offer other props to help your practice such as blocks, bolsters and straps. Feel free to grab any of these before class begins.
- Neatly return blankets, blocks and straps to the storage area. Wipe down and individually roll up any borrowed mats.
- Tea is complimentary. Feel free to hang out with other students and teachers before or after class.
- Be sure to ask questions if you have them – we’re happy to help!