Teacher Training Specials
Early Bird Special:
Continuing Education Pricing
- Please view our workshop schedule for details and pricing.
Continue your training and education with accredited Ananda Shala training modules approved by Yoga Alliance. Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®s) complete continuing education every three years to maintain their registration and continue to grow their yoga knowledge and teaching skills.
When viewing our teacher training tab, continuing education hours are listed in the detail for approved modules.
Per Yoga Alliance, each teacher must complete and submit 85-hours every three years. These hours are broken into 45-hours from teaching and 30-hours from training.
Training Hours can be acquired by receiving additional yoga training – both in and out of the classroom. At least 10-hours must come from contact hours, in-person classroom hours in the physical presence of a qualified yoga teacher or instructor.
Continuing Education contact hours can be obtained through yoga teacher training, workshops, courses and discussion or study groups, in any of the five educational categories.
In addition, teachers must submit no more than 20 non-contact hours. One non-contact hour for continuing education is five hours or 300 minutes.
Non-contact hours can consist of:
- Reading a book or article or watching a video that deepens your yoga practice and understanding
- Taking an online or correspondence course related to yoga
- Publishing yoga books or articles in newsletters, newspapers or magazines
- Producing yoga videos
- Receiving mentoring by telephone through a yoga-related program
- Creating class materials for distribution to students